Fired Up, Enthusiastic, and Ready to Do Business with Chris Hallberg Founder and Owner of the the Business Sergeant’s Field Manua
703: Fired Up, Enthusiastic, and Ready to Do Business with Chris Hallberg Founder and Owner of the the Business Sergeant’s Field Manual: Military Grade Business Execution Without the Yelling and Push-ups and Traction Inc
Chris Hallberg, “The Business Sergeant,” is a seasoned business consultant, turnaround expert, United States Army veteran, and author of The Business Sergeant’s Field Manual. Ranked #9 on Inc.’s “Top 50 Leadership and Management Experts,” Chris possesses over 25 years of professional excellence—with his career first beginning in the military. At the age of seventeen, he joined the Army National Guard and became a sergeant within four years, leading soldiers in both dynamic and challenging environments. After serving in uniform, he began his business career in sales and marketing and quickly rose through the ranks from sales manager to vice president. In 2009, he founded an energy efficient remodeling business whose revenue scaled to $2M+ within the first year. Chris then sold the company after two years of profitable operations with over 20% net profit to the bottom line. In 2014, he founded Traction Inc., a business advisory company, to focus full-time as one of 65 Certified EOS® Implementers nationally. He currently resides in Denver, Colorado with his wife and two sons.
Entrepreneurial Role Models:
When business started difficulties overcame:
“It was during the time of recession here in the United states, spending was down 35%, the cost of lead acquisition was up 1000%, people just weren’t buying and I was starting a company selling high ticket energy remodelling projects and It was a really tough time for people, even companies in my space were going out of business”…[Listen for More]
Traction: Get A Grip On Your Business Book by Gino Wickman
“Those not fired with enthusiasm, soon will be”
Recommended Online Resources:
The Entrepreneur Way
Best Advice to Other Entrepreneurs:
“Take control of your future, you’re not a passenger, you’re on the crew, so why is this person not doing this, why is this client calling me back, what is going on? Don’t be a victim, take control of your own future, own those failures, those mistakes, learn from them quickly, don’t make them a bunch of times. No one else is going to do it, just you” …[Listen for More]
More About Chris Hallberg:
- Business Sergeant’s Field Manual : Business Sergeant’s Field Manual: Military Grade Business Execution Without the Yelling and Push-ups.
- Traction Inc
Neil’s Quote at the Beginning:
“A question is only stupid when NOT asked.” Catherine Pulsifer
Other Quotes From the Chat with Chris Hallberg:
- “If you’re not fired up and you’re not enthusiastic, you’re not ready to do business, you’re not happy to be here, you’re not happy to have a chance to help your clients then we’re going to show you the door”
- “The world is going to move on tomorrow with or without your business, it’s completely up to you to make it how you want it, and if it’s not how you want it, only you can change it”
- “Life’s too short to be surrounded by people who are dragging their feet and have to be convinced into doing basic tasks, when you’re around a bunch of people that say hey what else you got for me I finished that, what’s next, to me that’s the exciting part of being on a team is executing at that level”
- “There’s only so much you can do, you’re not responsible for other people’s happiness”
Did you like what you heard?
If you liked this podcast, please leave a review on iTunes! Visit https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-entrepreneur-way/id1080600330 to discover the iTunes page. If you found value in this episode why don't you help a friend out and share this episode on Social Media